Joy

Friday, August 28, 2009

Who Needs Dog Food When You've Got a Baby?

So, the other day I was getting ready to go to my mom's house and Claire had just woken up. It was almost 8am and I was letting Claire run around nakies to let her poor bottom air out. (She has had some sort of infection ever since summer hit and she started wear swimsuits) and I called my mom to let her know we would be a little later than normal. While I was on the phone, I looked over and I saw Claire standing on the carpet going poopy and I was like "ah! shoot!" but I couldn't do anything about it because I was on our non-brain cancer-causing-corded phone. Not two seconds after her business dropped to the floor, Harley came right up behind her and gobbled it down like it was a brownie and he hadn't eaten in days (when in fact I had fed him about 10 minutes prior). I am ashamed to admit that my first thought was not one of disgust but rather relief that I wouldn't have to worry about cleaning it up. Then, Claire did another poopy and that one hardly had time to hit the ground before Harley ate it. I was relating the events as they happened to my mom and I couldn't help but laugh as Harley sat with his nose close to Claire's bottom intently staring in anticipation. Yum!

1 comment: