Joy

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Sailboat Quilt

Right after Christmas I started making my next quilt.  I have been planning on making this one ever since I first started making quilts.  It was for my brother.
  

All his life he has loved this sailboat quilt that our great-grandma made him when he was a baby.  It supposedly has magical properties and the ability to keep you warm when you're cold and cool when you're hot. (this is the only picture we could dig up that showed the design.)
  
 It was made with cheap cloth and over that past 28 years has started to disintegrate but much to his wife's dismay it remains an actively used blanket in their home.  

I had hoped that he would get rid of the old one now that he has this new one. He didn't seem on-board with this idea.

It never fails,  spread a piece of fabric on the ground and the cat MUST step and lay on it.

With the baby, my work and moving in the next few months, I am going to have to take a little break from quilting - but the next one is in the planning stages.

No comments:

Post a Comment