Joy

Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Little Helper

Claire always asks to help me when I am making something in the kitchen. I try my hardest to always say yes. I don't want to discourage her from helping but sometimes it is really hard. It's more like saying "Yes, come make a huge mess and double the time it should take to make this." I have been letting her help for about a year now and it is starting to pay off. Now she knows how to help a little better - and I know what to trust her with. In other words, please do not be alarmed that she is stirring pots on the stove. She knows to be careful and I always stay right there with her.
She was proud of herself that she could stir both pots at the same time.

She has also learned to taste as she goes.
I have passed on some chores to Claire. For a while now she's been helping me by putting away the silverware from the dishwasher. I have always hated doing that for some reason. I save it for her to do now and she likes it.
Joy watching her sister help.
Joy is so funny, She always looks on, longingly, as Claire and I do things together or when Claire and Josh are playing, she can't take her eyes off them. I think she wants to be a big girl too already.

No comments:

Post a Comment