Joy

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Amazing 4th, Race and Baby Dolls.

What a busy week we have had! On the 4th of July we were going to go see fireworks in Tolleson but rather than sit for hours in the heat with a hot, sweaty and crabby Claire and not know how she would react to the fireworks, we decided to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Claire thought it was great fun to wash her hands in the dog's water dish and was very proud of herself.
She hadn't seen her Aunt Shelbe for awhile and she was so happy to see her! It was so cute how excited Claire was about her Aunt. The day was fun and relaxing and I remembered how last 4th of July we went to their house as well but Claire was much smaller! What a difference a year makes!Josh then left for Youth Camp on the following Monday and just got back last night. I headed over to my mom's. We were super busy the first few days because we decided to apply to be on the Amazing Race! I found out on the 3rd that July 10th was the deadline for sending in your application. We had to get my passport, take photos of the two of us together and then have more passport sized photos of us individually. We also had a 10 page application to fill out and then we had to make a 3 minutes video to send in. Yikes! It was a lot of fun! The chances of being contacted are 1 in 20,000 but it was worth a try. I would post our video here but my mom made me destroy it. It was pretty good if I do say so myself.

That week Claire also discovered babies. We got her this one at Goodwill for $1.60. She LOVES that baby. She is very intrigued by the feet for some reason and often carries to around by the feet and matches them up together and makes them clap.


I tried giving her my old cabbage patch dolls we had in the attic but she threw them on the ground and made it clear that only this baby was good.It's a boy. (until I find some different clothes for it)

No comments:

Post a Comment