Joy

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Shoes!


Claire is now wearing shoes! We went shopping yesterday and all she wanted to do is walk. Riding in the cart was no good, being held was no good, she HAD to walk... s-l-o-w-l-y. I didn't really care but we were in a Goodwill and people were giving me ill-favored looks (and if people shopping at Goodwill in central Phoenix can judge you, you KNOW you have a problem) so I decided that she needs to wear shoes if she is walking in stores. (Seems obvious I know).

We got home and found some shoes graciously handed down to us by our friends at church and found she wears a size 2. I chose high tops since I thought they might help her turned in feet and rolling ankles. The poor girl was so good and patient as I tried to shove her foot in the shoe for over 20 minutes. I was so frustrated I was starting to hurt her and for her safety and my sanity we just let it go and decided Nana would be able to put them on when we went to see her the next day.

Alas! Nana was able to put them on, but after they were on they were not coming of until we were done with all our activities. Claire had a hard time standing up and getting moving but after a while she got the hang of it.

She looks like such a big girl in her shoes!

We went to the Freestone Park that afternoon and looked at some ducks and then played in the sand. She also practiced walking in the shoes in the grass and over small hills. It takes a lot of concentration apparently!

4 comments:

  1. So cute! She seems so little to be walking! If anyone could get her feet in those shoes it would be your mom! She is wonder woman! :) You two amaze me at what you find at Goodwill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why I always pick the shoes that have the little zipper down the inside - drives me crazy trying to get those little things on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way - also welcome to the world of blogging - it really is a great way to stay in touch with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jeremy, Heather, Kaylie and Keiric!

    ReplyDelete