Friday, August 27, 2010

Summer Afternoon Shopping = Child Abuse



Not anymore!
Thanks to my other carseat invention! I made this earlier in the summer, as soon as I first started getting complaints about the seat being "Hot!"

I had seen similar products online and in specialty children's stores but they are so darn expensive! So I made one instead. Not the prettiest, but it works.

I used a tablecloth from Walmart for $3. T-shirt fabric I had in my fabric closet and I bought these blue ice packs at Fry's for 88 cents.I just sewed the white fabric to the tablecloth fabric and made pouches that fit the ice packs.

I must admit my heart swells with pride a little, every time Claire gets in her seat on a 107 degree day and says "It's not hot, it's told." (She doesn't say her C's very well. If you ask her what her name is she says "Taire")

The only hard part is remembering to put it in the freezer when not in use and put it out in the car ahead of time if we go somewhere later in the day. It is well worth it though!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! I will keep that in mind for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yey for you!! That's a wonderful idea! Poor Lauren hates getting into her hot carseat :( Each if I cool down the car, the sun radiating through the windows isn't very pleasant. Maybe for next summer, I will try something similar.

    ReplyDelete