Monday, July 5, 2010

The 4th of July!

For the 4th I made Claire a new dress. I got the fabric at Goodwill for $2. (there was about 2 yards) It's seersucker and I know that is at least $6 a yard in fabric stores.

It was extremely easy to make and I believe it is my best work so far. I plan to make a few different variations of the dress for summer.

Poor Claire, she is such a cheesy poser for pictures. When we tell her to smile she shows her teeth and makes her jaw all crooked so it is hard to get a normal looking mouth shot. I think we will need to practice smiling in the mirror.
Here is a candid one. What a goof.
After church we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner and a swim. Then we had to leave to go see Claire's first fireworks.

Finding a parking spot was very frustrating but we finally found a place and walked about half a mile to Tumbleweed park in Chandler. The main, grass field for spectating was surprising empty considering how many people were driving around and setting up on the side of the road. We were very lucky to get such a great spot considering we didn't get there until 9pm.

Claire was frightened by the fireworks at first ......but after a bit, she grew accustomed to the loud bangs and she watched and enjoyed her candy we let her pick out from the dollar store.We couldn't tell if she was having a good time or not, she did say "That was fun!" a few times on our way back to the car so I guess that is good:)

No comments:

Post a Comment