Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Seizing the Morning

I took Claire for a little walk this morning to take some autumn pictures. It was so beautiful out and Claire loved walking through the tall grass. Don't ask why I gave her apples to hold, I just thought it would be cute - now she probably thinks that apples grow on the ground in middle of weeds. The photo sessions ended right here - when Claire reached for the apple a little far and slow fell face first into the dirt. Oh well.

Life is so much more pleasant now that she is a little more "grown up" she still isn't talking very much so we went ahead and taught her a few key things in sign language. She currently knows: more, please, thank you, and all done. Not bad considering we've only started about a week ago. It is so cute when she comes up to me and says "More please" with her little hands. She is very precise with her 'more' sign which is precious. She rubs her tummy for please which I'll let slide for now.

I have been very busy the past few days working on new sewing projects. I am really excited about them and will do a little giveaway here shortly. (it's what all the popular blogs do so I thought I'd join in.)

In other news. Our church started up the handbell choir again and I am beside myself with joy. I absolutely LOVE to play the bells and I hope it continues on after the holiday season. I don't know what it is about them but they are just so magical to me. We had our first practice on Sunday and it was so much fun. We were already pretty good if I do say so myself:)

No comments:

Post a Comment