Thursday, October 8, 2009

Eggplant and Explosions

Last week, when I was in Sprouts, I saw that eggplant was on sale and I thought to myself. "Hmmm, maybe I should try to like that" ( I had it once at a person's house when I was about 7 and it tasted like barf - not barf as in it was bad, but barf as in it really did taste like vomit)

So, I bought one and have been searching for a recipes to make with it. Josh is already against eggplant (and quite frankly, so am I) but I thought we should broaden our horizons so I found a recipes that was not too eggplanty and nothing we've ever had.Here it is. I do not even know if this is a good one or not. So I cut it open....
not what I expected but okay.
Umm, now I'm having second thoughts. Is this normal? Do you eat this part?
Oh, eggplant floats by the way.
I made some focaccia bread just in case the meal was disgusting so that we'd at least have something really yummy.
When I took the bread out of the oven I sat it on the stove top. The picture above was taken just before I noticed that something smelled like weird burning and I realized the burner I put the bread pan on was still on medium low (so it wasn't red) I have heard horror stories about what happens next from my brother. (Steve) so I quickly moved it to the only free spot on the stove which was the back burner which was cool. I thought I had saved it in time.

Nope.

It sounded like a gun shot and glass flew everywhere - including into the rest of the eggplant mixture that was simmering away. It was then that I decided we will be having tuna casserole tonight
The mess is still there. I am waiting for everything to cool before I clean it up.

Looks like it will be a while before we have our eggplant dish. Somehow, I don't think Josh will be too upset. But I do need to get a new pyrex pan ASAP.

1 comment:

  1. eggplant is worse than zucchini in my book. "A" for effort (=

    ReplyDelete