- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 T. buttermilk powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups raisin bran cereal
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped peeled tart apple
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the egg, water and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple, carrots and walnuts. Fill paper-lined muffin cups or cups coated with nonstick cooking spray three-fourths full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- Nutritional Analysis: One muffin equals 199 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
I also made oatmeal cookies for her using the best oatmeal cookie recipe from Josh's mom. I left out all the butter and used applesauce and again I used the whole wheat flour. That of course tastes definitely not as good with no fat but Claire doesn't know. They are still sweet and shaped like cookies so she doesn't complain.
I was so excited. I was at Fry's and it is time to make more laundry soap because I am getting low (already! good thing it is so cheap) and Fry's didn't have Zote, they had Fels Naptha soap. I was happy because it smells a little more... I don't know, soap-like? Zote smelled okay but it is like no other smell I have smelled before.
The grating of the soap - It looks like cheese, I will remember this for future pranks.