Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Nesting = Crafting - Bow/Clip Holder

I have been wanting to make Claire one of those hair bow/clip holders for as long as I can remember but for some reason never have. I decided that I needed to make one today since I just spent her whole nap time replenishing her "clippy" supply. (those things get lost so easily!)

I started out with this frame that I got at Goodwill for $2 bucks,
took the glass, mat and cardboard out and covered the cardboard with some quilt batting. I wanted it to be a little cushy rather than than just straight fabric on cardboard.

Then I covered the quilt batted cardboard with some fabric. Next came the ribbon. I taped it in place on the front so I could flip it over to the back to finish gluing easier.

Glued the ribbon in place and done!
This took about 15 minutes.

Why didn't I do it sooner?

2 comments:

  1. Wow - I LOVE that and had no idea how to do it so easily. You are such a domestic genius :)

    ReplyDelete