Joy

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Refashioning

I have been doing a TON of sewing lately. I am LOVING refashioning old clothes into new dresses for Claire. It is hard to get a lot done... especially when little feet can't resist the temptation of dancing all over a large piece of fabric perfectly smoothed out of the floor. I try not to get mad at her because I remember doing the same thing to my mom when she used to sew. "Get off the fabric!" she would say countless times.

Here are a few of my projects.

I got this Charlotte Russe skirt at Swift Thrift for a dollar. The material is an extremely light and wispy cotton. As soon as I saw it I knew the material would be perfect for this dress.
Add some elastic and arm holes and you have a sweet, cool, breezy dress.

This next transformation is from this "dress". When I bought it off the dollar rack I didn't look at the tag but it is a Fredricks of Hollywood dress. Lol. I just knew I wanted it for the smocking that was in the back.This was a fun one working with the smocking and I installed my first invisible zipper in the back.Showing a little cleavage in her Fredricks of Hollywood dress.


Butter fingers!
Thanks to Ashlee Cowell for showing me this great blog tutorial. I love making these.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

These were just shirt we had in the throwaway pile. I have recently accumulated shirts that are more little girl looking.

I can't wait!


2 comments:

  1. so can you share the tutorial? those are way cute.
    do you use a pattern for your dresses or do you find how to's online?
    we had a church deal yardsale here last week and I did grab a couple women's shirts in thought of redoing them after seeing your goods. very good idea Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many creations! You have been busy and are quite talented. They all look adorable. I really love that first one. Very cute!
    Thanks for sharing with me. And of course I dont mind if you link to me. thanks!

    ReplyDelete