Friday, May 15, 2009

Mother's Day - Take 2

My first Mother's Day was very special. In the morning I got up at 6am so I could get ready for church before Claire woke up. I went downstairs to find a few gifts for me from Josh. He bought a few scrapbooking items and had pictures of Claire printed up and put them in little picture frames and a little purse sized book. He also made me the most delicious cake (all chocolate of course) and let me tell you it was soooooo good. It looked very nice too. My early morning plans were thwarted when Claire decided to wish me a happy Mother's Day by waking up at 6:20.

At church I won a little vase of carnations for being a mom the least amount of time. I don't know why this deserves a prize but I won't win another one until I am either extremely old or we have more than 5 kids (one of these days Diane) That afternoon I went to my mom's to have Mother's Day there with the fam. We also celebrated Stephen's and Bryan's and my birthday. As usual Claire and the dogs were our source of entertainment.She went swimming with Uncle Didi and the dogs.It was a good day but also sad as we knew Uncle Buddy was leaving that week to be on staff at Summit ALL SUMMER. Claire will be talking by the time he gets back!Claire made a card for him that he will receive on his actual birthday. She worked hard on it and it turned out really well. I am sure he will appreciate it.
We will miss you Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment