Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birthday Surprise

Josh has been aggravating me by keeping my birthday surprise from me all week. He enjoys having surprises for me and making me wonder what it could be for days. I, being the worrier that I am, picture worst-case scenarios of what it could be and hope it's not something expensive. It always is something that I enjoy in the end though so I don't know why I worry everytime.Anyway, the birthday surprise was that he took me and Claire, clear across the valley to Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek for their annual peach harvest. Because of Claire's napping schedule, by the time we got there it was 2:30 and we were starving so we went to the little restaurant they have there. It was crazy. There was a woman there that had the loudest, most explosive laugh that every time she laughed Claire (and everyone around for that matter) would jump and be like "whoa! what was that!" I was super annoyed because she would just keep doing it and it was so obnoxious, I can't even tell you.

The restaurant service was HORRIBLE and now we know to bring a lunch next time. Waiting for a table (notice all the empty tables in the background)

How much longer?
( and yes, her shoes are on backwards. We do that on purpose to help her feet not turn in so much)

By the time we got out of there, it was getting late so we got on the hayride and made our way out the the peach orchard. Claire really enjoyed the ride and she waved at the people that we passed.

We got our box and started picking. Claire was hesitant at first but she finally tasted a peach and realized that she loved them.

She ate her peaches until, for whatever reason, she threw it in the dirt and then we would pick her another one.She stayed busy and happy the whole time and she had a lot of fun exploring.

We filled our box up and headed back. Claire was ready and she promptly fell asleep on the way home. That evening, we had Denisse come over and sit for us while we used our Chili's gift card. It was very pleasant not having Claire grumbling and complaining throughout a meal. It was only our second "date" since Claire was born.
So once again, My Love planned a wonderful and fun filled day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - sounds like a great day - except for the crazy obnoxious laughing lady and the long wait for lunch - but what a good idea! Great job Josh. As for it only being your second "date" since Claire - as someone who speaks from experience - you need to go out as often as you can - it's good for you and Claire!

    ReplyDelete