Sunday, December 28, 2014

My New, Old-Fashioned Hobby

Last January I started some gifts for this past Christmas.  For some reason I was compelled to take up a new hobby that requires an absurd amount of time and patience because you know how I have plenty of both of those things.

I started with this half square triangle quilt for my nephew TJ.
   
I was really feeling accomplished when I finished it in March.  
 I then started on this one for my cousin Marisol.
 
 The drunkards path squares proved to be much more difficult and I kept putting it aside for many weeks at a time as the year's busy-ness kept getting in the way.  It was a close call the last 3 weeks before Christmas as I still had to bind it with my broken wrist but I got it done and I am quite pleased with the finished product.

Originally, I had hoped to gift 3 or 4 quilts this year.  Maybe next Christmas, we'll see how this year goes.

These quilts are in their new homes now and I hope the old saying is true: 
 "One who sleeps under a quilt is comforted by love."

No comments:

Post a Comment