Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Our Snow Day

 The month of January is quickly coming to a close and I realize I haven't made a post yet this year! Yikes! We are preparing for many exciting and big changes coming up VERY soon so free time has been a little harder to find lately.  I will post hopefully in the next day or two about our big move in less than a month. (Yes! We are finally moving to the Boston house!)  But I'll get to that later.  

Right after the new year, Josh went out of town with a group to build homes in Mexico so I went to my parents' house as usual.   While I was there, we all drove up to their house in Flagstaff to play in the snow.  It's a good thing we did too, seeing as it was the only weekend of snow this winter. 

Ugh,  I hate the snow, I hate it with a burning passion.  I can not stand to be cold and have an extremely low tolerance to it.  I decided this happened to me when I went on a Magic Mountain trip one year with our homsechool group.   It was one of those turn around trips and it rained the entire day with temperatures in the low 50's.  All of the rides were closed and there was no where to go to get out of it.  Yep,  ever since then my body shuts down and I am incapacitated at any temperature below 70 degrees. 

 Luckily for me, my older brother Steve came up with us.  Phew, I knew Uncle Didi would play with the girls in the snow. 
 
Claire doesn't remember snow since the only time we took her, she was Joy's age.  She LOVED it.
 
 Joy was not a big fan and wanted to be carried everywhere.

While we were there, my dad needed to cut down a large, dead pine tree before it fell down on the house.

So that kept him and Buddy busy for quite a while, but they finished and no one got killed.

After many warm up breaks in the warm, cozy house (where I resided most of the day) and lunch by the fire, we took a walk to the park.  It was interesting to play on the playground while it was covered in snow.




Didi built Claire a snow fortress,
there were snow ball fights,

sledding,

snow angels,
and more sledding.
No snowmen though, the snow was so loose and powdery it wouldn't stick together.

We had a good time in the snow and I am glad it is only a once a year ordeal.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment