Joy

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thankful!

Yesterday, I had to clean at Big D. (My place of work for the past 5 1/2 years) I dread my once a month cleaning. I really am thankful for the opportunity and the extra money makes it well worth it, but it it just a terrible task. I would go off about urinals but I will spare you. But seriously, why do men like and use them when they obviously have trouble hitting the target? Can't they just stand a little closer? I was feeling overwhelmed with all that I had to do there, knowing that once I got home I had a messy house to clean, baking and preparing to do for Easter and the church tea which is rapidly approaching. On top of it all, my allergies were the worst they had ever been and thanks to Peanut, there are not a lot of options as far as medicine goes.

Anyway, I got home from work to find the house picked up, vacuumed, the dishwasher empty, floor swept, and laundry done(and put away)! Josh and Claire were not home so I texted Josh to find out where they were. He had taken her to Home Depot to get some flowers to replace the ones that had died during the winter and while there, he took Claire to the Kiddie workshop/Easter egg hunt. How cute is that!

Claire had a blast and was supposedly a good helper with the house. I just love the little apron she got! So, long story short, because my wonderful husband is so willing to help out, I got everything done that I needed to and even have time to blog about it:)

3 comments:

  1. I love that apron. I just saw one on a neighbor little girl friend... her mom said that home depot has those kiddie events every first saturday - I wanna take Averi to one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to think about you cleaning the urinals! Think maybe I'll have a talk with Jeff about making the guys clean their own bathroom. Believe me, I have 4 little boys at home and I know how gross it can get. You should not have to do that!

    Love the apron! Claire is so cute and she's getting so big. How sweet of your hubby to clean the house for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacey! Don't worry about the urinals, that is what I get paid for! (as gruesome as it may be) I'm glad you are back to blogging. It does take a lot of time though doesn't it? And thanks for the Amish bread!

    ReplyDelete