Friday, September 27, 2013

Dyeing Crocs


Crocs.  I hate them, they are world's ugliest shoe.  BUT they are super nice to keep by the back door for the girls' "outside, but not in public" shoes.  I found some in Joy's size at Goodwill for $1.99 awhile back and they were great ...until they were left on the back porch in the 108 degree sun.  They shrunk so much that she couldn't fit her foot in at all.  I read online that I could boil them in water for a few minutes and then while they are still hot, stretch them out so they fit her foot again.  I tried it and it worked perfectly!

Claire was super sad that she didn't have a pair and we have been looking diligently at very thrift store.  Finally we found some, again for $1.99.  Disney edition no less.
  
Dirty and a gross, barely pink color but in good shape otherwise.  They were a size too big so I used my new found shrinking knowledge to my benefit and boiled them today.  I also threw in some RIT dye to attempt to change the color.

It worked!  (those obnoxious decoration things came with them....yay)

Joy thought she was being hilarious by moving her feet right when I went to take the picture of them.

Now we have 2 pairs of ugly shoes, but they fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment