Monday, September 5, 2011

Swing Seat Makeover

This project took me forever! I am so glad it is done and I can move on to other things.

Last year I bought this swing at a thrift store for only $25! It works perfectly!
I loved it because it swings side to side or front to back. The best part about it though is that it plugs into the wall. No more expensive D batteries! Hurray!

The worst part about it is obviously the hideous fabric. What is it about the people that make baby items who think they need to plaster bright hideous monkeys all over everything? I am sick of it!

So, I decided to do something about it as I could not live with the fabric. At the time, I thought the swing was for Will so I started it with this cute car fabric I ordered from Etsy. I was going to recover the boy pieces, but decided to hang on to them just incase we need them next time. I used them as a pattern and made an entirely new piece out of super thick quilt batting and some colorful fabric I got at Goodwill for $1.50. (we are not doing the whole pink/green) thing for Joy. She is getting joyful primary colors.


So here is the finished product. I took off the annoying straps and tray. They just get in the way, although I can put them on again if needed. I also dismembered the leaves that were on the toy hanger thing. We can hang whatever we want on there and change it up periodically.

I am pretty happy with it! Joy seems to like it too!
Now on to the next project!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! I wish I had the talent you do to makeover things to easily. There are so many projects I see that I want to get done and just don't have the time or energy right now. The fact that you sew so well helps. I need some lessons in that!!

    ReplyDelete