Friday, December 10, 2010

Stroller Bag

I hate when I go on a walk with Claire and I have to take our enormous travel system stroller. I feel like an inexperienced, yet over-prepared mom that doesn't know what to bring and needs a little bit of everything to make a short walk successful. I especially feel dumb pushing Snoopy around since he is the only one who ends up riding usually.


I recently found this stroller at a thrift store for $4 and absolutely love it. I don't care if it gets dirty or scratched, it is lightweight, easy to push, compact and easy to store. The only problem is that it didn't have a bag to store our water, my keys and phone and a few various toys that Claire decides must come along. I decided to make a custom stroller bag for it. I used a pair of pants I got at a thrift store for $1 about 2 years ago. (I knew they would come in handy one day!)
The bag holds a surprising amount of items and even has built in pockets for my phone and keys. (and b-balls)
We have certainly been enjoying these past few months. The weather is perfect for an afternoon walk to the park.

Apparently, this is how you play when you are an only child and your mom can only go down the slide with you 37 times before getting tired of it.
She found another b-ball. It was a magical time.
Claire loves to run and be chased. She says "Mamma get you?" and squeals in delight when I run after her. She is so fast too! Awana Olympics, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. I love the custom stroller bag! You should make them and sell them for other Moms out there. I'm sure they would be a big hit :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stroller bag is so incredibly creative! Talk about thinking outside the box! I admire that so much since it doesn't come naturally for me!

    ReplyDelete