Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Paige is One

The end of June was Paige's 1st birthday.   We made it.  That day marked the end of the most difficult, frustrating, exhausting, horrifying year of my life. 

Hello, my name is Paige and I will
   make your life a living hell for the next 11 months.

I don't need to go into the horrors - I have touched on them enough. We'll just skip to the present.
Right around the time Paige was starting to crawl she became a little happier. 

Then this life changing moment happened when she put food in her own mouth for the first time and she seemed a little bit more content with life.....

Then right at 11 months she turned into a child instead of a horrible monster and has been a sweet girl for the past few months.

The day before her birthday she started seriously working on her walking skills.  (the other girls walked at 10 months so she is slow to us) and the next day, on her birthday she was walking.  Now she is toddling and stumbling everywhere she goes.

She has lots of hair that it untameable.  Sometimes she looks like Frankenstein and other times she looks like Pebbles from the Flintstones and other times she just looks like this.

She loves water
and she loves food....a lot.

She desperately tries to keep up with her sisters.
 But it's hard when you are a short, round girl with little legs and poor balance.
She really is a delightful girl now.  I do not get a pit in my stomach when I hear her wake up from her naps.  I don't have to hold her and yell at the big girls over her screaming all day long. I don't have to feed her non-stop to keep her from fussing.

 It was a long and rocky road Paige, please make it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment